Do you have a rental property and want to claim expenses for your income tax. Below is a list of expenses that can be claimed against your rental income.
Allowable expenses include:
- Rates you pay to a local authority for the property
- Rents you pay for property such as ground rents
- Insurance premiums against fire and public liability
- Maintenance of your property such as cleaning, painting and decorating
- Property fees
- Mortgage protection policy premiums
- Capital allowances
- repairs, such as rot treatment, mending windows, doors or machines
- certain pre-letting expenses on vacant residential property
- the cost of registering with the Residential Tenancies Board (RTB).