Accountants for Locum DoctorsWe can advise on medical related tax reliefs available, tax planning opportunities and VAT liabilities as well as a full range of accountancy services to ensure your tax affairs are up to date. Book an appointment
Locum, Salaried GPs and Hospital Consultants – Key Features
- A fixed fee to include the preparation of income and expenditure accounts, tax return, and advising on tax liabilities
- Advice on expenses to claim
- Advice on claiming tax refunds in respect of earlier years professional subscription
- Claiming tax back in respect of expenses which have not been claimed for the last four years
- Review of accounts for potential partnerships and giving advice on becoming a GP partner
- Advice on setting up a limited company
Working as a Locum doctor can give you flexibility and a varied work experience, but making sure you are being paid correctly and not storing up trouble with Revenue can be more difficult, which is where we can help.
1.1 Umbrella Company for Locums
Umbrella companies ‘Off Payroll’ working
An umbrella company offers many of the benefits available through a limited company but without the administrative burden.
1.2 Accounting & Tax for Locums
Our Expert team provide a wide range of accounting and taxation services to locum doctors.
Our charges are important to clients and we therefore quote a fixed fee for our recurrent services. The quote will depend on the locums’ circumstances and the quality of their record keeping.
Fees for the non-recurrent services would be based upon the time involved and would be agreed prior to the work being carried out.
1.3 Limited Companies for Locums
Can be a tax efficient choice
Structuring yourself as a limited company can be a very attractive business structure. In the right circumstances it is possible for a doctor to achieve savings by:
- Splitting their income with a spouse or civil partner.
- Arranging for income to be taxed at 20% rather than the higher 40% or 45% tax rates.
- Reduce National Insurance Contributions.
Office 80, Cherry Orchard Industrial Estate Ballyfermot Road, Co. Dublin D10NX96
M-F: 8am – 5pm
Mobile/Whatsapp 0353 851477625